Every year, thousands of Sitecore clients and vendors come together at the Sitecore Symposium in Orlando, Florida to celebrate their achievements, share knowledge, learn about the future of Sitecore.
Team One, a Silver Sitecore solution implementation partner, was on the ground providing complimentary 45-minute Sitecore audits, which was a hit with Symposium attendees. Those who took advantage of the audit offer received a detailed report with recommendations to take back to their businesses.
Sitecore’s focus surrounded the theme “Human Connections in a Digital World.” The four-day event provided a wealth of learning opportunities with four tracks:
- Connecting Digital First to Customer Experience
- Developing on Sitecore
- Exploring DevOps Scenarios
- Preparing for Experience Commerce
Sitecore CEO, Mark Frost, kicked off the symposium with some exciting insights:
- Sitecore is staying ahead of the DXP industry in recognizing a “Content Crisis”, the problem identified by Gartner for 2020, and providing a solution – Sitecore Content Hub.
- Sitecore is moving to the Software as a Service (SaaS) model by 2020.
- Sitecore extended its partnership with Microsoft to work together on the new SaaS service. The Sitecore AI will use Machine Learning to auto-personalize pages on Sitecore. This effort has already resulted in positive case studies, exceeding expectations from the RAC and Microsoft Partner Network that saw their conversion rates go up by 80% and 16% respectively after switching to Sitecore AI.
- Sitecore and Coveo partnered up to offer a mid-market AI-powered search solution.
Looking to the future, Sitecore is shifting its focus to digital transformation. According to Page O’Neil, CMO of Sitecore, companies are estimated to spend an impressive $2 trillion dollars by 2022 on this initiative, $100 billion of which will come from retail organizations.
Vasiliy Fomichev, our Sitecore Practice Director and a Sitecore Commerce MVP, who leads our specialty in Sitecore Commerce and Content Hub, was honored to share his expertise on managing the preparation process of Sitecore Commerce for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This was Vasiliy’s fourth year speaking at the Symposium about Sitecore Commerce. This year, in his no-nonsense session, Vasiliy shared the steps involved in managing teams, dependencies, risk, and bias to ensure e-commerce websites are prepared to take the heavy hit of holiday sales traffic.
“We at Team One are excited about the future of Sitecore. We recognized the trajectory of the platform and the industry as a whole and wisely positioned ourselves at the cross-roads of Sitecore Commerce, Content Hub, and Artificial Intelligence. This is our sweet spot; it aligns perfectly with our creative and technological DNA,” said Vasiliy Fomichev.